Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Ministry of Teaching

On Monday I will start my second year teaching Bible and Counseling at Harding University. This is by far the greatest job in the world! I get the opportunity everyday to talk to people about their current and future marriages. I get to discuss how to communicate and deal with conflict better. I feel it a privilege to be in this position because I have some influence on marriages and families throughout this country.

It saddens me to hear about the divorces, neglect, and pain that many families go through. I believe that if most people had the opportunity to learn some basics about how to be in a relationship with someone else then our families would be so much stronger. I know that I am not perfect, but I enjoy being able to share from my own mistakes so that others will not have to experience similar situations.

I pray that I can be an example through my own family and show people the glorious plan that God has for each of our families.

Please pray for this ministry and the lives that I come in contact with everyday.

No comments: