Thursday, December 20, 2007

There Are No Barriers


Isa 40:3-5 (NLT)
Listen! It's the voice of someone shouting,"Clear the way through the wilderness for the Lord!Make a straight highway through the wasteland for our God! Fill in the valleys,and level the mountains and hills. Straighten the curves, and smooth out the rough places. Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. The Lord has spoken!"

I absolutely hate detours! I love being able to go where I need to without having any barriers to keep me from my destination. I cannot even recount the number of hours I have wasted in life simply waiting because my chosen path was "temporarily unavailable."

It seems that life can be that way also. There may be a goal I am working toward, a task I need to complete, or a person who I really need to get in contact with, but inevitably it takes longer than expected. Something always happens that keeps me from accomplishing that task on my time table or when it is best for me.

Even though I may get frustrated with the barriers I come across in life it is a comfort to know that God has removed all barriers when it comes to having a relationship with Him. Regardless of my race, popularity, socioeconomic status, gender, or anything else that sets me apart from others God has proudly proclaimed that "His glory will be revealed" to all people. This statement gives me hope because I can no longer make any excuses for not knowing God. He is always ready and available to me if only I seek Him.

So what excuse have you been using? Is it your family, job, or busy work schedule? It really does not make a difference. God is here waiting for you if you will only remove the perceived barriers that you have in your life. Try Him out He will not disappoint.

1 comment:

Bill Williams said...

As we turn our hearts toward family and friends during the Christmas holiday, I wanted to let you to know that I am thankful for blessing of many new friends I’ve come to “know” here in blogland. The tie that binds us is our shared love for and devotion to the Savior whose birth we remember during this special time of the year. May your days be full of holiday blessings; and, may your heart be filled with the warmth of His presence.

Blessings,
-bill
Spiritual Oasis Blog