Saturday, May 10, 2008

An Excellent Mother


Mother's Day is Sunday and I wanted to talk about my mother: Thelma Jones.

My mom has always been dedicated to her children. She would go YEARS without buying new things for herself just to make sure that her three crazy boys were taken care of. She was never harsh or mean, but we knew our boundaries with our mother. She never had to threaten us because we ALWAYS respected her. She was, and continues to this day, a hard worker. We never heard her complain or moan even when she had more than a right to do so.

My mother is a godly woman. There has never been a time that I have heard a foul word come from her mouth. She made sure we learned the Bible and kept on us to live out our faith. She gives to anyone who has a need even though she does not have a lot to give.

I must admit I have her sense of humor. I do not want to embarrass her by giving some examples so I will just say that she is a practical joker and a good one at that.

She is a great wife to my dad. She has always supported him and stood by his side. Her dedication to their marriage has always inspired me. She created an excellent template for a Christian woman and that is what I used when looking for my wife.

I love my mom very much because she is a good friend, loves to listen, and gives loving advice even when her kids do some crazy stuff.

I remember in Kindergarten we had an opportunity to make a gift for our mothers and we could make any craft we wanted. For some reason most of the kids in class made ashtrays out of clay for their moms. My mother didn't smoke, but I made her an ashtray anyway. She loved it and was proud of my work.

These are just a FEW of the many reasons I feel blessed to have my mother.

No comments: