Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Just A Matter of Time

I just noticed that I have not blogged in about a month. I have had so many things to say, but have not had the time to stop and express my thoughts. We are about one month away from our move to Searcy, AR. I am excited about the many opportunities that lay ahead, but am so inundated with the details of our move that I have not been able to truly appreciate what we are headed into.

We have had a few hurdles to overcome the past couple of weeks. Dana has not yet been able to secure employment so far. I do not blame her at all because she is a smart woman with many talents to share. I grieve with her over the situation because she has dedicated herself to being at home with the girls the past few years, but this has not helped her resume. Employers do not always give you credit for putting your family first. I am a little concerned about how this will affect us down there, but definitely not worried because God has ALWAYS taken care of my family and I am confident that He will continue to do so.

We are in the process of selling our house and this is not fun at all. I had no idea how much work it would be to get our house ready to show, and show and show again. Even when you get through all of that drama you still have to play the negotiation game with the buyers. It is our prayer that this part of our life comes to an end quickly. I most definitely don't want to be on the selling end again for at least another 10 years or so.

Overall God continues to be good to us. He continues to remind us that we need to depend on Him even though we do not understand His plans for us. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" (Heb. 11:1, NIV). I am certain and confident that this move will be a blessing for my family. Although we do not have everything neatly organized the way we want it I know that God is working out great things for us even if it has not materialized. I pray that each of you trust God today as His will is being played out in your life.

No comments: